Friday, August 16, 2013

Sing a Rainbow

Hello!

I am going to share a craft project with you but first I have to tell you a story.

When I was little, my sister and I shared a bedroom.  Several nights a week, my mom would come in our room and sing us songs to help us relax and fall asleep.  One of those songs was The Rainbow Song.  You know the one that goes,

"red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue.  I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too.  Listen with your eyes, listen with your eyes and sing everything you see.  You can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing along with me...."

When my sister and I grew a little older, she moved into the room next door.  Still our mom would sing to us, but now she would sit in the hall between our two rooms and sing several songs.

Fast forward to be being a mom and my kids going to grandma's house to either be tended or just having sleepovers.  She would sing those same songs to get my kids to fall asleep, one of them being, of course, The Rainbow Song.

So, my daughter made a fun craft with her friend not too long ago.  I'll show you in a minute, but it was the craft you have probably seen on Pinterest where you glue crayons to the top of a canvas and then use a heat tool to get the colored wax to melt down the canvas.

There was quite a bit of white space at the bottom of the finished piece and she had mulled over several different quotes she wanted me to put on it.

Just before she left on her mission, she told me the quote that she thought would be perfect and asked if I would put it on for her.

Here is the result:


I love how it turned out, and it reminds her of her grandma. :)

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)