Thursday, October 20, 2011

Copy Cat Thursday

Good morning!

Today I thought I'd share something new!  Now, in my perfect world this would be a regular Thursday occurrence.  Sometimes it might be, but sometimes life might get in the way.

I love to browse different blogs to get new ideas for cards, layouts, and other crafts.  I'm much better at imitation than originality so that's what these posts will be about.

Each Thursday on every Thursday that I remember ;), I'll post a project that I've made that was inspired by someone else's project.  I'll just be using what I already have in my stash.  These posts will probably, mostly be cards, but I think I might throw a layout or two or even a home decor project in for fun.

So meet the first Copy Cat Thursday card:



This was inspired by a card by Kristina Werner.  I'm always inspired by her.  You can see her original card HERE.

There are obvious differences between my card and Kristina's, like how her circles have words in them and that she uses letter stickers to complete the greeting, and that the scallops on my card are ginormous compared to the ones on hers, but overall, I think mine has a similar feeling.  On the circles, I used my ever-favorite technique:  Emboss Resist.  It's like magic to me every time!

Come back tomorrow when I share a gift packaging idea using a few pearls, my Simply Scored tool, a button and a bit of ribbon.

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)