Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On the 1st Day of Christmas...

Good Morning!

One of my main focuses for 2012 is spending money purposefully.  My plan is to spend less on craft supplies, and instead take classes that help me use up what I already have.

I realize that we're half-way through January, but I just finished a great class at Big Picture Classes called 12 Days of Christmas.  It actually ended on January 6th but life took over so it took me a little bit longer.  I finished the last two layouts yesterday.  It was really a great concept.  Let's see if I can explain it.........actually, I'll let them explain it:


For the 12 days leading up to Christmas, you will receive an email from a BPC teacher with a photo prompt and a list of supplies to gather. Preparing specific holiday pictures and products as Christmas approaches will help you focus on the present moments and the joyful anticipation in a more thoughtful way—without feeling any pressure to scrapbook right away!
Then, starting on December 25th, you'll get to "open" a new handout each day, designed to guide and inspire you in pulling together pictures and products to complete a dozen different layouts.

I really had a great time with this class.  The supplies were easy to put together.  You didn't get a photo of the completed project at first.  Just a teaser photo, the subject of the layout, a list of the photo sizes you'd need and the suggested supplies to complete the layout.  And I didn't buy a single thing.  I shopped my own supplies.  And if I didn't have exactly what they suggested (like Washi Tape), I improvised.

This also was a great exercise for me because while I like all the layouts I completed, I like some a lot more than others.  I'm realizing my preferred scrapbooking style.  Clean and simple.  It's fun to experiment with different styles, though.

For the next 12 days, I'll be sharing my finished layouts with you.  I still consider myself a beginning scrapper, so most of my layouts follow the teachers' pretty closely.

So here's Day 1:



Thanks for joining me at the Table today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)