Thursday, April 12, 2012

OOPS! and a No-Sentiment Card

First the OOPS!  I was relying on my brain instead of my calendar for the date my project would post.  That's usually never a good idea.  Sorry.  My project will actually go live tomorrow.  I'll try to post the link in the morning.  Come back then. :)

Second, I was asked to make several cards that had no sentiments so that they could be used for any type of occasion.  Sadly, I relied on my brain again instead of writing myself a reminder to photograph them before delivering them to my customer.  But, I did make an extra of one of the designs.



Making cards without a sentiment was definitely a challenge for me.  But it was a fun challenge.  I actually got the layout idea for this card from one of my recent Paper Crafts magazines.  The artist had used a paper doily like you can get at the dollar store but I didn't have any of those.

What I did have was my Hello, Doily stamp from Stampin' Up!  I heat embossed it on vellum using white embossing powder and then cut it out.  Tedious, yes, but I think worth it.  It's so pretty!  The felt flower is from the Sweet Pea offering from Sale-a-Bration a year or two ago.  I only bought one package so I've been clinging to these {my precious ;)} and using them sparingly. I knew they would make a perfect centerpiece to this doily.

What I love about this card is it's versatility.  It can be used for weddings, bridal showers, birthday, sympathy, mother's day (which I will be doing this year), thinking of you, and the list goes on.

Try making a non-sentiment card, if you haven't already.  It's a fun challenge!

See you tomorrow!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)