Friday, October 16, 2015

COME ON, AUTUMN!

Hello!

I'm back again with another seasonal project to share.

Someone needs to tell Mother Nature that it's mid-October!  Where I live, it's usually chilly by now and my trees have colorful leaves that are starting to fall.  But as I sit here typing this post, all my windows are open and it feels like late Spring-early Summer.  Only two of my trees are following the calendar.  It's kind of hard to start feeling all cozy and sweaters with a warm breeze blowing in so I decided to make a new Autumn craft to help get me in the spirit of one of my favorite seasons.

Before I share photos, Let me just give you a little background on this craft.  I have a simple frame that I have on my gallery wall in my living room.  I found the frame at a thrift store and backed it in a vintage-old-book-paper-type of DSP that Stampin' Up! used to carry.

I use that frame to house different little banners I have made to display throughout the year.  Today I decided to make a new Autumn banner to hang there.


Here's how I made it.  I took some ivory tags that I've had in my stash for way too long and stamped them with the Hardwood background stamp in Tip Top Taupe.  

Next, the leaves.  I was fortunate enough to get my hands on the Witching Decor Project Kit.  My daughter, daughter-in-law, mom and I had SO much fun putting it together on World Card Making Day! You'll notice there's no link to it.  That's because, sadly, they ran out quickly and won't be getting any more. HOWEVER, don't fret!  You can still make your own gorgeous leaves with the Vintage Leaves Bundle.  Anyway, there were so many leaves left over from the kit that I just grabbed 6 to use for this project.  I added some texture to each leaf by stamping them with the design images from the I Think You're Great stamp set and heat embossing them with Versamark and clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged them in coordinating colors (Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze and Delightful Dijon) and crumpled them up a bit.



After that, I used my Tombow Mono-Multi glue to adhere them to the tags.  

Because I was still trying to be thrifty and quick, I used some gold chipboard letters I already had in my supplies to spell out Autumn, adhering them also with my Tombow glue.

Now, just because I thought the project could do with a little more color, I pulled out the faceted sequins from the Brights Sequin assortment to accent each tag.

Here's a closeup of the embossed texture and the Old Olive sequin.  LOVE!

 Last, but not least, I used my Gold Metallic Baker's Twine to string all the tags together. And here it is in it's place of honor.



If it doesn't feel Autumn-ish where you live, pull supplies from your stash to make a cute project to bring the season in!

Thanks for joining me at The Table today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)