Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dressing up patterned paper


I remember as a child in elementary school loving the holidays because we got to do fun paper crafts. And I loved it especially when we got to use glitter. It was so fun smearing the glue on the paper, then pouring glitter on. And then when I shook the excess off to reveal my glittery design just made me all the more happy! I don't know if my mom ever felt this way, but once I started having kids, I HATED glitter. Hated that it got everywhere, hated that it was all over the kids, all over things it shouldn't be. So I stayed away from glitter for a LONG TIME. But slowly, over the last year or so, I've become enamored with it again. I'm loving how it gives dimension to projects, and when it catches the light just so....love it.

I have this adorable Halloween patterned paper from Stampin' Up! and it was just yelling at me to bling it up a bit. Of course, stripes are so easy to dress up. All I did was place Sticky Strip (much less messy than the white school glue!) down a few of the stripes, then spoon on some black glitter I have in my stash. (make sure you kind of press down on the glitter to really get it good and stuck on the Sticky Strip). Then shake it back in your container and PRESTO! You have awesome embellished patterned paper that you would have spent at least twice as much for in the store! And don't witches and black glitter just naturally go together?!

Stamps: Wicked Cool Clear - #120600; Wood - #118738
Ink: Basic Black - #101179
Markers: Old Olive - #100079; Rich Razzleberry - #120970; Pumpkin Pie - #105115
Cardstock: Whisper White - #100730; Basic Black - #121045; Pumpkin Pie - #105117
Specialty Designer Series Paper: Wicked Fun - #117400
Punches: 1 3/4" Circle - 119850; Scallop Oval - #119856; Oval - #119855
Sticky Strip - #104294
Black Glitter: In my stash

1 comment:

  1. I love it, that is the cutest card and yes I agree with you.. I loved glitter as a kid and I don't love it for my children lol

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)