Monday, October 4, 2010

Do you love leftovers?


I didn't love leftovers as a kid. In fact, I pretty much hated them. Tasteless, soggy. Just how my Dad liked them. Yuck.

I have felt pretty much the same way about crafting leftovers. Especially, what to do with all those sheets of stickers that have only 1 or 2 pieces used from them? Well, in an effort to be more financially responsible, I decided to make some cards from my leftover stickers.

For the card on the right, I came across a sheet of Winter/Christmas photo stickers. Don't know how long I've had them, but I'm pretty sure it's been a long time. I just started randomly placing them on the card front, letting them hang off the edges of the card. Then I trimmed around the card front and presto! I have a fun collage-type Christmas card. Just add a pretty ribbon and a snowflake punch out of my favorite green cardstock (Old Olive to be exact) and there you have it!

The card on the left was the same idea but I used Christmas word strips to randomly decorate the card front. I trimmed off the excess, die cut two great snowflakes using my Big Shot and used two big red brads that I've had in my stash for years.

Now I love leftovers! If you found this inspiring, and create something new with your leftovers, I'd love for you to share!

The fondest memories are made when gathered around the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)