Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stamping on your Layouts



So, hopefully you weren't holding your breath for this post....because I forgot!  Have I mentioned how much I love stamping?  If not, let me say it now.  I love stamping.  My sister-in-law, Cindy introduced me to stamping about 15 years ago and I haven't looked back.  I love that you can take one stamp and give it a different feel just by the colors you use, the application, or the project.  When I first saw this cute little girl stamp from the Greeting Card Kids set from Stampin' Up! I, of course, thought of Valentine's Day, but I really wanted it to be more versatile so I decided to use it on a layout about love.  And because it kind of has a vintage feel to it, I used it with a baby photo of yours truly. :)




The cute little girl image actually reminds me of some baby cards my mom received when she was pregnant with me.


Believe it or not, this was the best of the photos I took from this section of the layout.  I either need a new camera or better photography skills!  On the bottom of the page, I stamped the image in the same color as the paper (you could also use Versamark Ink to get a similar tone-on-tone effect).  Then I took my Versamarker and colored in the hearts.  Love how that turned out!

To finish off, I used some adorable heart die-cut patterned paper from Making Memories and a scalloped border sticker from Echo Park.  Then added a few pearls and a small heart for good measure.

Do you stamp on your scrapbook pages?  I'd love to see!  Leave me a comment with a link to your project. :)




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)