Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stepping up a Card

Hello everyone!

Today I thought I'd share a little idea with you.  Taking a cute card and punching it up a bit with embossing or additional stamping.

I was playing around with a new design I did recently and came up with this card:


The first time I used this design was for a We R assignment.  I used patterned paper as the scallop frame.  So while I liked how this butterfly card turned out, I felt like it was a little plain.  So I took out one of my favorite Stampin' Up! embossing folders {Framed Tulips} and ran the card front through my Big Shot.  I inked the embossed portions and this was the result:


Better!  If you don't have a Big Shot {which I highly recommend, by the way} or other manual die cutting machine, you could easily stamp the scalloped pieces with a border stamp for the same effect.

I double punched each butterfly as well, gluing the first butterfly straight flat to the card and then curling the wings of the second butterfly and attaching it with a glue dot.  Love that dimension.

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)