Monday, August 13, 2012

Pinterest Party!

Hello everyone!

Today I thought I'd address one of my addictions....Pinterest!  You too?!  Oh good I'm in good company!  The trouble is, I pin and pin all of these fabulous ideas but usually don't try out anything I've pinned.  So I've decided make a layout or card once a week based on something I've pinned.

Here's this week's Pinterest Party pin:


This is from my "Color Combos I Love" board.  I decided to take the photo in the bottom right corner for my inspiration.  Here's what I made:


If you notice, it's not a literal interpretation.  I could have used a cream or white card base, cut strips of card stock and stamped my sentiment on each strip but I chose to go a little different way.  I took the order of the colors and placed the butterflies following that.  I liked the text on the colored blocks so chose to incorporate that with the text paper in the background.  The wood blocks in the photo are distressed and so it looks a little like the Kraft color, so that's why I chose to use the Crumb Cake card base and panel.  Then I took my Basic Black marker to freehand draw lines to mimic the slat lines on the background of the photo.

So there's a little inspiration tip for you.  You can take pretty much any photo you've pinned on Pinterest and use it in your papercrafting!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)