Monday, July 23, 2012

Before & After: Canvas Makeover

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share a makeover project I did recently.  When we repainted our living room, I was looking for wall decor to add.  We found this piece at Lowe's and thought it was perfect.


So we hung it up.  While the colors were great and matched the wall and couch perfectly, something kept bugging me every time I looked at it.

So when I got my hands on the Simple Stories Summer Fresh collection, I knew what had to be done.  I decided to take the denim 12x12 paper and cover the canvas.  But first I gave the canvas a coat of white paint.

After painting the canvas and adhering the paper, I went to town decorating it.  I love the phrase 'Life is Good' so I knew that piece of patterned paper would be perfect.

So here's the finished project!


Much better!

My collage wall is S.L.O.W.L.Y. coming together.  It takes me forever to decide what I like.  FOREVER, people!

I know I'm still going to be adding and tweaking that wall till the cows come home.


Well, out to weed my woodland garden.  Hopefully, I don't get swallowed up by the morning glory!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)