Saturday, July 21, 2012

Scraps on my Table challenge

Hey everyone!

As I was cleaning off the Table from yesterday's layout, I came across some punched butterflies that were leftovers from a card exchange last week.  Sometimes {okay all the time} I just let punched pieces sit on the Table for days on end, and then I either stuff them in a zipper baggie or toss them.  Not really a good use of my leftovers either way.

{On a side note:  Can I just say how much I love the new butterfly punch from Stampin' Up!  I was bummed when they retired the old butterfly punch, but I seriously love this new one!}

So just as I was about to walk away from the Table, I decided instead to challenge myself to use the butterflies and a random decorative edge border that I didn't use on the layout and make a quick card.

Many times when I sit down to make a card, I flip through several magazines, looking for inspiration on color or design, but not this time.  I wanted this to be a super quick card so I just started laying things out, pulled out a stamp set from Studio Calico and grabbed my favorite Stampin' Up! pearls.  As soon as I liked what I saw, I adhered everything down.  Less than 5 minutes!

So here's my card:



That was fun!  I'm definitely going to do that challenge again.  So here's my challenge to you:  Pick up a few scraps that have been sitting around on your craft table and put them together on a card.  Send me a link in the comments so that I can be inspired by you!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)