Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Harvest banner

Hello!

Here I am procrastinating again.  I made a Fall banner for my gallery wall although I'll be taking it down in two days to put up my Christmas decor.  Oh well.  I'll just say that I'm ahead for next year. ;)

I pulled out the Harvest collection from We R Memory Keepers.  This isn't a traditional Autumn themed collection.  It definitely has some of those Autumnal colors, but they've also included a muted mint/aqua and navy-ish colors.  The colors  remind me of a Fall evening.  There are lots of visual textures in the papers as well, which makes creating simple.  I don't feel like I have to add lots of embellishments yet there is a lot of depth.    I love it this collection!  Do I say that about every We R collection?  What can I say?  They do a great job!


I decided to keep my Fall banner simple and maybe a little on the sparse side….it reminds me of the trees outside my window.  They just have one or two leaves left and maybe a few berries or fruit.

I love that We R included a fun chevron chipboard alpha that coordinates with the papers.  I layered those with some of the embossed stickers, We R textured card stock, and candy dots from Stampin' Up!  Then to fill up in-between the leaves (which I cut with my Silhouette), I used patterned paper and washi tape from We R and washi from Stampin' Up!  Then I attached it all to some We R sparkly twine with my tiny attacher.  I love how it turned out!



Take your cue from me and create something Fall-ish.  It's not too late!


SUPPLIES USED:

PAPERS/EMBOSSED STICKERS:          Harvest collection (We R Memory Keepers)
TOOLS:                                                         Leaf shapes (Silhouette store)
                                                                        Silhouette Electronic Die cutter
                                                                        Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz)
OTHER:                                                        Black Velvet Ribbon (We R Memory Keepers)
                                                                        Orange Washi tape (Stampin’ Up!)
                                                                        Woodgrain washi tape (We R Memory Keepers)
                                                                        Candy dots (Stampin’ Up!)
                                                                        Glitter (neutral) Fancy Floss (We R Memory Keepers) 

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)