Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stampin' Up!(MDS) + Silhouette = A Super Awesome Christmas Card

Hello!

You didn't think you'd be doing math today, did you? ;)

Well, never fear.  You're not going to have to put on those algebraic thinking caps.  But I did want to share a fun Christmas card with you today that combines two of my paper crafting loves….Stampin' Up! and the Silhouette cutting tool.


I am really enthralled with the negative image trend that is going on in the paper crafting world.  It's simple, yet stunning.

The deer image is from the Jolly Bingo Bits images you can buy in My Digital Studio.  I had a lot of fun when this was a stamp set.



After enlarging the image, I cut it out of Naturals Ivory card stock.   I embossed that panel with the Woodgrain embossing folder then backed it with Season of Style DSP.

Another trend I'm totally loving is gold.  I embossed the sentiment in gold embossing powder.  It gives this rustic card an elegant feel.

And of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone so I decided the deer needed stand-out Rudolph nose.  I cut the nose out of Cherry Cobbler card stock and then covered it in Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.

If you have My Digital Studio and a Silhouette machine, you should try this technique.  You'll be hooked!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)