Thursday, July 3, 2014

Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking magazine

Hello!

Just wanted to share a little peek into the August issue of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking magazine.  I was excited when I got the email that they wanted to pick up my card and it's even more exciting to see it in print!  You know they work on these magazine issues months in advance, don't you?  Well they do.  And if you think it's easy to wait and wait and wait and wait and... for your project to be published, it's not.  At least not for a newbie like me!  I think I got the acceptance email way back in March so waiting clear....till....August.... to see it sure seems like a looooong time to wait.  But at last it's here.

I started collecting the hard copies of the publications I am in (which really, who am I kidding.  It's not many) a year or so ago but now that PC&S is only digital, I'll just pray and keep my fingers and toes crossed that nothing happens to my iPad!  Yeah I know.  I can save it to my desktop computer, but I highly doubt that I'll cuddle up in bed with my big computer any time soon.  Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with digital books and magazines?  I mean really.  Who doesn't love that you can store hundreds of books and magazines on a slim device, meaning less bookcases to find room for but how can you not love to thumb through an actual paper magazine or book?  See the pretty spine on your shelf and smell the paper?...ah well.  Such is the way of technology, right?

Anyway, my card is right there on the right.  The one right there with the feathers and stitching.  I'm in the section of the magazine that you take a sketch they provide and you make something based off of the sketch (as I'm sure you can tell by the similar layout of the awesome card by Miriam next to mine. ha!)




So in love with how this turned out (on the first try, I might add) and so happy that PC&S liked it too!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)