Thursday, May 22, 2014

We R Instagram Album in a New Way

Hello!

I wanted to show you how I'm using one of my adorable Instagram Albums from We R Memory Keepers.  

I like to have my inks already stamped on scraps of paper so I can really see how they might look with other papers. That way I can get the perfect coordination between paper, ink, and embellishments.  At one point I had stamped a bunch of tags with all my ink colors and then put the tags on a binder ring.  I liked to see it hanging in my craft room but I never used it.  It was a pain trying to leaf through all the tags to see exactly what I had and to try to come up with color combos so I've been searching for a different solution.

I think it was Jennifer McGuire who I saw organize her swatches in pocketed page protectors.  I loved that idea so I ran with it.  I decided to take the 2x2 divided We R page protectors to house my swatches.

Since I don't have an awful lot of colors, this little album is the perfect size.  I stamped my color on white card stock, punched it out with a 2" square punch, wrote the company and color name at the top and then just slid each swatch into one of the 2x2 pockets.  Like this.



You might wonder why I have a different stamp image up top.  It's simply because I don't have that heart stamp set anymore and I just used a different stamp set with the new colors I got.  I love that Pale Tomato color from Hero Arts!  

I'm not in love with my handwriting, but I don't have a labeler yet so I'm just going to deal with it this way for awhile.


And here she is sitting pretty on my punch storage unit right next to a picture my son drew of himself when he was 8.  He's almost 24 now so I've had that treasure a long time and it still makes me smile.  In case you're wondering, the album color is called Mint.  It's just the perfect light aqua and matches my craft room decor to a T!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)