Friday, January 21, 2011

{banner & bloom}

I guess my computer and camera decided to do the kiss & make up thing because lo and behold I was able to download my pictures today.  Thanks, you two.

I've been home from work all week with a bad case of bronchitis.  And while this is terrible on the paycheck, it's been fabulous for my creative energy.  Maybe it's all the crafty blog surfing resting I've had time to do.

So onto my cards:

This first one is the one I referred to in my post yesterday.  I used the cute birthday set "Party This Way" from Stampin' Up!.  Seriously.  You should get this set.  You don't even have to buy it from me {but you can if you want ;)}.  Just buy it!  So fun and versatile!

It took awhile to cut and piece those little pennants, but I totally think it was worth it in the end, don't you?  I've had that little cloud punch forever and thought the letters would look so fun "floating" in the clouds :p.  And I just can't say enough about embossing folders.  L.O.V.E.




This next card uses a color that I like but have a REALLY hard time using in scrapbooks and cards.  Purple.  But I love how it looks when paired with Crumb Cake.  Didn't think of that combo before.  When I got my Stampin' Success (the SU! demo mag that I'll really miss when I'm through being a demonstrator) the other day, this card really caught my eye.  I pretty much copied the card with a few improvisations.  The card in the magazine used textured cardstock for the base.  I didn't have any of that textured cardstock, so I sponged ink on the front then used my "Sanded" background stamp to add that dimension.  I also didn't have the Sizzix flower die that was used, so I used my Slice to cut some flowers and leaves.  I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy that die because I really like the flowers on it and none of my Slice cartridges have those exact cute flowers.  In case you didn't know...If you spritz your flower shapes with water before crumpling, when they dry they'll hold their shape much better.  The last thing that was a little different was the sentiment.  Didn't have that exact birthday sentiment stamp so I used one that I got for Christmas from my parents.  My mom knows how much I love stamps so she usually gives me plenty of fun stuff to play with for Christmas and my birthday.  Thanks, Julie, for always helping her get my favorite things!  And again with the embossing folder!  Only this time I used the de-bossed side.  That gives it such a great and different look.



Well, have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)