Thursday, January 6, 2011

I know Christmas is over but...


I meant to post this a little bit ago but got sick, then Christmas break was over and it was back to work for me.

A couple of years ago my good friend and fellow deal hunter called me to say she was at the dollar store and found a super steal: A package of 6 cooking utensils for a buck and should she pick up some for me. Uh, yes! In the package was 2 pancake turners, 2 cool wisks, and 2 ladel/strainers. I had planned on using them for neighbor gifts with a clever saying. But that year came and went and I was feeling uncreative so in their plastic packages they stayed. Well, since my husband's job is a little if-y right now and money is a little tight, I decided to pull them out and use them this year.

With the help of my same friend, who is so creative, she helped me come up with a cute and saying to go with them.

I just printed the saying on my computer, cut it into a tag shape and used my scraps to decorate. The little poinsettia embellishment was just made with a small flower punch I've had for years. I punched 2 flowers, adhered them together and stuck a little Stampin' Up! rhinestone gem in the middle. I love those SU! rhinestones. They are the best I've ever used.

And you know what? I got more wow's from my neighbors about these gifts than when I did the "cookie mix in a jar" gift two years ago! Just don't tell them I only spent 20 cents for each of their gifts this year. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)