Friday, September 14, 2012

My Friend, the Teacher

Hello!

I thought I had posted this project awhile go, but I can't find it anywhere.  I guess that means I didn't.  I have a friend, who I used to work with.  We were both Para Educators (teacher's aides but more than that) with a group of wonderful women.  We all became very close.

My friend decided to become a teacher herself.  She went to school to get her degree while still working as a Para.  Well, this year, she got her first teaching job at the very same school where we all were once Paras!  I'm so proud of her.  I always loved watching her teach her little groups.  She was so good and I'm sure her new students love her.

This lady is a very no-nonsense person.  I mean she does super fun things with her students but she doesn't go for the frilly, fru-fru decorating that some teachers do.  So, I decided to make her something to hang in her classroom.  To add some homey-ness and to commemorate her first year as a full-fledged teacher.  But something that wasn't too over-the-top.

Here's what I came up with:





Simple but cute, I think.  I cut the apple with my Silhouette using the Hall Pass papers from We R Memory Keepers.  I also used my Silhouette and one of the sketch pens to "write" her name.  It was the first time I had used my sketch pens.  I picked a font that was a little "sketchy" to make it look more realistic.  It turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head.  I love when that happens!

Now I need to go visit her classroom.  I sure wish I could make myself tiny or invisible so I could sneak in and watch her at work. ;)

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!

1 comment:

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)