Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Beginnings

Hello and Happy New Year!

It's been far too long since I've shown up around here.  I'm so sorry!  There has been a lot happening in my life since my last post:

I became a grandma:




I sent another missionary off (I now have two missionaries out teaching people about Jesus Christ and my church):




We celebrated my Mom's 80th birthday: (written on each of those stars is a memory about her or something we admire about her.  She loved it!)




And I spent the Holidays surrounded by my family.  It's been a wonderful last few months:




I wanted to leave you with one bit of crafty inspiration.  A year or two ago, in one of my Simon Says Stamp Card Kits, we got a snowflake stencil.  It was intended for spraying, or inking images onto cards for Christmas/winter.  Well just before Christmas this past year, we had a party with the young women of my church and we were all supposed to bring a treat to share.  I pulled out my trusty brownie mix and when they came out of the oven, while they looked delicious, didn't look very festive.  So I cut them into squares and pulled out that cute Simon Says Stamp snowflake stencil.  I placed the stencil on top of each square and dusted them with powdered sugar.  They were the hit of the party!  Even the great folks at Simon Says Stamp loved the idea so much that they pinned it to their Happy Holidays Pinterest board and it also now resides on their website under alternate ideas for the Maryanne Snowflake stencil.



I've been missing my little piece of blogland so I thought I'd take the opportunity to renew my commitment to my crafty posts.

However, this time, I'm not going to fill you with daring claims of posting three times a week, or even once a week.  I keep letting myself down when I plan that many and, let's face it, I don't get paid for blogging (I wish!) and so I need to carve out time in my life to do them which is sometimes hard to do!

So, for now, I will commit to once a month.  Which day, each month is yet to be determined but keep a look out because it will for sure happen! :)

Thanks for joining me at The Table today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)