Monday, May 25, 2015

Mint Macaron Sympathy

Hello!

I made a little time this week to play with some new in-color product.  Our neighbors' daughter just passed away and I wanted to make them a card
to tell them we're thinking about them in this very difficult time.  She has been suffering for many years so I'm sure this is a bittersweet time for them.

I thought Mint Macaron was the perfect color to convey a heartfelt greeting.  I can tell this is going to be my favorite in-color.

I combined a few techniques on this card plus an older stamp set that, I'm ashamed to admit, I have hardly used!  I bought this Thoughts and Prayers stamp set when it was first introduced and have only pulled it out a time or two.  But combining it with the Mint Macaron has made me see it with new eyes.  I know I'll be pulling it out a lot more this year.

So first off, I decided to alter the Honeycomb embossing folder.  I ran a piece of card stock through and then lined it up with my stamped image.  Then I took a pencil and drew a light pencil line where I thought I'd want to cut it apart.




Please, please forgive these next couple of photos! It was gray and rainy outside and it made the Mint Macaron card stock not look very good no matter what I tried.  I PROMISE, this color is AMAZING in person!


Then I put some Tombow on the back to make sure it stayed put on my stamped piece.

I couldn't leave out my GORGEOUS Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim.  You guys!  That lace trim is just so luxurious feeling!




I adhered the lace with my Fast Fuse (another product I'm just now pulling out!  What's wrong with me! LOL), then adhered that whole panel with dimensionals to the card front.

You can see I made a boo-boo stamping the vine image the first time.  Luckily, there are always two sides to a piece of card stock!


Once it was put together, I felt like it needed one last touch.  I showed it to my daughter and she and I talked about maybe adding more color, but that didn't feel right. So I pulled out my Antique Brads and did one last technique.  I embossed it with white embossing powder.  This is a technique I learned from one of my favorite demonstrators when I was in her Stamp Club years ago.


This was just the added touch I was looking for!


The Mint Macaron card stock and ribbon will be available for purchase starting on June 2!

I don't like making sympathy cards because that means someone is going through a heart breaking time, but hopefully this pretty card will convey our feelings of love and prayers for them and their family.

Thank you for joining me at the Table today!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)