Saturday, October 26, 2013

A little Halloween Home Decor

Hello!

Since my son and daughter-in-law are just starting out and don't have much in the way of holiday decor, I thought I'd help them out a little and use my paper crafting stash in the process.

I got this idea from a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, but I tweaked it a bit.  Here's what I made:



I got a cheap $4 frame and ran my Stazon ink pad over it to kind of tone down the gold.  Why not just spray paint it, you ask?  Because I still wanted some of that gold to show through, mmkay?  I cut a section of patterned paper from the Witches' Brew DSP from Stampin' Up!. I love the design and fonts on that particular sheet of paper. Then I took 6x6 sheets from the Graphic 45 pad and cut 3 doilies with the Doily die from Lifestyle crafts, cut them in pieces and sponged them a little with some Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango inks.  Then I just put it in the frame.  Easy? Yes!  Cute?  Absolutely!


Supplies used:

Paper:             Witches' Brew (Stampin' Up!)
Steampunk Spells 6x6 pad (Graphic 45)
Ink:                 Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Stazon Black (Stampin' Up!)
Dies:               Doily Die (Lifestyle Crafts)
Other:             Frame




Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)