Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sad Day...

Hello!

Well....we've hit a milestone at our house, people.  And I gotta say, I'm kinda sad about it.  This is the first year in, like, forever that none of my kids will be trick-or-treating.  Yep.  My youngest, is now of the age where he gets to hand out the candy instead of begging for candy.  And it hurts my heart a little.

I love that my kids are growing up and becoming responsible (most days) citizens, but there are days that I sure do miss those little kids running up and hugging my legs or crawling on my lap on the couch to cuddle with me (although, my 17-year-old actually did crawl on my lap last week and cuddled with me for a few minutes.  Shhh.  Don't tell him I told.  I'm sure it was quite the site, but I loved it!)

So since there won't be pillowcases full of sugary, Halloween goodness this year, I decided to do something sweet and crafty for all my kids.

I used my Gift Bag Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers and made these cute little bags with the Bewitched collection for my oldest son and his wife:


I layered the tag shapes with the journaling card shapes.  This gives the finished tags a little more dimension and interest.  My other two boys will be getting bags similar to this also filled with their favorite Halloween candy, thus carrying on the tradition of my mom and mother-in-law. :)

Supplies used:

Paper:             Bewitched (We R Memory Keepers)
Tools:             Gift Bag Punch Board (We R Memory Keepers)
Other:             Black Velvet Ribbon (We R Memory Keepers)
                        Orange ribbon (Stampin’ Up!)
                        Black/White twine (We R Memory Keepers)
                        Black eyelets (We R Memory Keepers)




Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)