Monday, October 7, 2013

A Little Random Craftiness..

Hello, hello!

Sorry it's been so quiet around here.  My family and I took a trip to St. Louis.  We were able to see a Rams game (they lost, unfortunately) and a Cardinals game (they won their division!) all in the same week.  It was so fun to get away for a little while with my family.  We had the most beautiful view from the airplane!


Isn't that gorgeous?!  Almost makes you want to go lay down on that blanket of fluffiness.  If only that were really possible without falling right through to your death!  ha ha ha.  Just kidding. ;)

Before we left, I sent a little package to my missionary daughter.  She asked for some uplifting music and I couldn't resist sending her something colorful and crafty as well that she can keep by her bed.  It's hard and scary talking to strangers about something so personal as religion and your beliefs so I thought I'd send her a little pick me up for days when it feels extra hard and she's missing home more than usual. The background is a 4x6 journaling card from the Love 2 Craft line by We R Memory Keepers.  The glittery black letter alphas were just from my stash.


When we came back from our trip, it was time to get ready for Stamp Club.  This is one of the projects we made, using one of my favorite techniques...emboss resist.  The maple leaf image is from Magnificent Maple and the woodgrain and sentiment are from Truly Grateful.  The patterned paper is from the Sweater Weather DSP collection.

After stamping the woodgrain image with Versamark and embossing it with clear embossing powder, I brayered over the whole tag with Baked Brown Sugar ink.  It turned out so pretty, I think!



Well that's it for me today.  I'll try to be better at posting more often.

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)