Monday, December 30, 2013

Okay, Just One More!

Hello!

Don't you love how inspiration hits you right as you're falling asleep at night?  Most of the time I'm too tired to get up and and make the inspiration come to fruition and so I forget my great ideas by the time the sun comes up.  But thankfully not this time!

I received the Lifestyle Crafts Letterpress Kit a few days before Christmas and I've been imagining the projects I'll create with it.  Because Christmas, I'm just now getting to play with it.  It's so fun!  I have to say I was a little intimidated to try it at first, so I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube to get a feel of how it works and then decided to jump right in.  It really is pretty easy and I know the more I play with it the more comfortable I will be and the better my results will be.

I decided that since it's still officially December for a couple more days, I would make just one more Christmas card.

I decided to use the Holiday Letterpress plates and silver ink.  I paired that with the Candy Cane paper (love that design!) from the North Pole collection by We R Memory Keepers.  Oh, and let's not forget I used the Knotty Bow die also by Lifestyle Crafts.

Here's what was floating in my head as I was heading to dreamland:


It turned out exactly like I pictured it.  I love it when that happens.  Here are a couple of close-ups of the fantastic letterpress texture.



And isn't that silver ink so pretty and shiny?


I cut a section from the 12x12 Candy Cane paper for the background and then used the 6x6 pad to die cut the bow.  Cute, right?


Okay, thanks for letting me share just one more Christmas card.  I can't wait to get more plates and make lots letterpress cards for other occasions.  :)

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)