Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mid-Week Favorites

Hello!

I thought I'd take a little diversion from crafty posts and share a few of my favorite things with you! ....these are a few of my favorite things.....hmm hmmm hmm.  Just kidding.  I think of Sound of Music this time of year because they seem to show it on TV every year on Christmas day or during the week between Christmas and New Years.

Anyway, these things might be crafty related, then again, they may not.  Here we go!

Winter in Utah is not very nice.  The cold doesn't like me and the feeling is so mutual.  The air here is just icky and dry and the skin on my hands, especially around my thumbs starts to crack and let me tell ya, it don't feel good!  

I was recently introduced to this lovely, fabulous, amazing hand cream and I am in love (just don't tell Superman, okey dokey? He might get jealous.....or maybe he might just steal it from me.)  It forms a wonderful protection without feeling greasy or leaving fingerprints on my papers at school.  I am no longer afraid of winter! (okay, well maybe I still am...a little).  




Have you tried this yummy treat?  I have to say I'm not generally a fan of caramel corn and the thought of it mixed in with my beloved cheddar made me twitch a little, but I was assured I would change my tune.  Indeed I did!  You can find this treasure at Costco.  Not sure if it's sold anywhere else, but I imagine it is.  It's just that at Costco you get a nice BIG bag.  Trust me.  Try it.




Next, is this little gem right here:

Can I tell you a secret?  I didn't know what BB stood for for the longest time!  I thought maybe it was the lady's initials that developed the product.  Don't laugh.  I know now what it stands for.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that my skin is far from perfect.  Dark marks and old acne scars make for a less-than-flawless complexion.  I don't like to wear foundation because no matter what kind I've tried, I feel like I'm wearing an oily mask.  Ewww!  Enter the best foundation/moisturizer I've tried.  This by no means makes my skin look air-brushed or model perfect but it looks soooo much better than when I don't wear anything and I seriously forget I'm wearing it because it's just so darn light.




Here's another beauty-related favorite:

I have to say my eyes are my favorite feature.  Maybe because they never gain weight ;) and I'm always looking for something that emphasizes my eyelashes.  I don't have super long, thick eyelashes but I have been known to receive a compliment or two when I wear this mascara.  What I like about it is it doesn't clump nearly as much as my former pink and green favorite.  And it does make my lashes look longer.




Last but not least, is crafting related:

I've been using this embossing powder from Stampin' Up! on a few Christmas cards this year.  Swoon!  I bought it last year but never opened it.  What was I thinking?!  I especially love how it looks against brown card stock.  I'll post a card tomorrow in which I embossed some ornaments with this beautiful embossing powder.  They look like punched tin.  So cool.  It's also fine enough that you can use it on sentiments with lovely results.




Well, there you have it.  My 5 current favorites.  I know.  You really wanted to know.  But maybe you did ;).  Who knows, you might develop a new favorite yourself!

Don't forget to join me tomorrow when I show you that Pewter embossing powder in action.

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)