Monday, December 10, 2012

Use Your Scrapbooking supplies for Packaging!

Hello!

Can you believe we're in the double digits of December already?!

You probably have at least started your Christmas shopping.  And if you haven't, get going!  Once you bring those special, well thought out gifts home, you want to wrap them up in pretty packing, right?

I created some fun and festive packaging using your paper crafting supplies.

On this first package, I took some brown wrapping paper I got at Target and stamped the snowflakes from We R's Yuletide line in Stampin' Up! Soft Suede ink.  Then I wrapped the box and brushed the ink around the edges of the box.

Next I took papers from the Storytime, Red, White & Blue, and Yuletide collections (All We R Memory Keepers), cut them into banner shapes and sponged them with the same brown ink.  After I glued everything to the package, I tied it with some We R baker's twine.


And a close-up of the tag.  I used one of the embossed stickers from the Yuletide line and stamped another snowflake from the stamp set.  We R stamps are really high quality.  I always get great images from them.  They aren't going to make them anymore, so if you want to get your hands on some of their stamps, hurry!

Next, I wrapped this package with plain white paper.  Then I placed a border sticker smack dab in the middle.  I love that it fit perfectly across.  Then I took an embossed wreath tag from the Yuletide collection and adhered that to the middle of the package.  To embellish it even further, I made an accordion flower out of some of the Yuletide paper and used one of the embossed chipboard tag stickers.  You can't really tell, but it's embossed with silver foil.  So pretty!  I, again, used baker's twine to put it all together.



And a close-up of this tag.



Last, but not least, is the blue package.  I started with some plain blue paper, then embellished the box with some coordinating washi tape and baker's twine.  The tag was made from a scrap of Winter Frost patterned paper.  I love the gray with the white berries.  I used my Angle Corner Chomper (from We R) to turn it into a tag shape.  Then I added We R washi tape, patterned paper, baker's twine, and a sticker and mini badge from the Yuletide line.  To finish the tag, I punched a tab with my Tab maker punch and the green woodgrain paper from the Yuletide line.  And stamped a sentiment from Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny wishes.



But the thing I'm most excited about this package is the handmade bow.  I took strips of double sided patterned paper from the Winter Frost line (this particular paper has glittered snowflakes on one side.  I love).  Then I looped and stapled them and adhered them all together.  Here's the tutorial I used, if you'd like to make your own.   This was my first attempt and I wasn't disappointed.  It was actually really fun.  The tutorial uses magazine paper, and that would probably be a little easier to manipulate but using the thicker patterned paper worked well, just the same.  Super easy and really cute when you can customize them with patterned paper of your choice!



 I hope that gave you some inspiration to make your packaging as special as the gift inside. :)

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)