Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pinterest Party....Pin turned card

Hello!

I am in love with today's card.  And not because I made it, but because it turned out better than I saw it in my head.  That doesn't happen very often, but when it does I do a happy dance.

My inspiration pin is a Christmas decor idea and when I saw it, I knew I wanted to try to translate it into a card.  So okay, here's the Pin:


What I liked most about it was the distressed blue/green wood, and the white star garland.

Here's the card I came up with:


It might be a little hard to see but after I stamped the woodgrain on the card stock, I scored it using my Simply Scored tool.  Then I sponged in certain spots to bring out the scoring.  It looks really cool in real life.  I also used the Simply Scored to make the stars look a little more 3D.  The Christmas tree was made with the Pennant builder punch and then stamped with one of the hearts from I {Heart} Hearts stamp set.  All supplies are from Stampin' Up!, although a few are retired.

I'm not sure yet who'll I'll give this to.  It took a while to complete so it's going to have to be someone pretty special who receives it.  Right now it's on my inspiration board because it makes me happy just to look at it.  Someone might have to wait till next year to be the recipient. ;)

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)