Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day is over but....

Hello!

If I have to be honest, Valentine's Day isn't in the top of my holidays to celebrate.  Gasp!  And can I just say that I'm totally happy I don't have to make classroom Valentines or Valentine's Day boxes for my kids anymore.  I'm not sure why I feel that way.  I just cringe when I hear the news stories about how much people spend on each other for Valentine's Day.  I'd rather save that money and have an extra special anniversary.  Anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

But having said that, Superman and I did exchange small inexpensive gifts (I'll share those with you tomorrow) and we'll be going out to dinner tomorrow night so I'm not a total Scrooge.  Just so ya know.

I do, however, LOVE Valentine's crafts, decorating and all that goodness.  I've been making a few cards with the new Crazy for You collection from We R Memory Keepers.  The colors in this new line are just.....juicy.  That's the only word I can come up with.  Juicy.  Let me show you what I mean.


The pinks in this collection are so pretty.  Not pastel, but not in-your-face neon.  Think red raspberries, and vine-ripened watermelon (see? Juicy.)  Just lovely pinks.  And just like Christmas, Valentine's Day and glitter go hand in hand.



WRMK adds just the right amount of glitter to their chipboard stickers and patterned papers.

And I couldn't resist pulling out my Silhouette to make another card:


I cut a heart background from one of the 6x6 text sheets and adhered over top the pink heart paper.  Included in the collection are some really cute doily stickers.  I layered the chipboard sticker, doily sticker and metal button for a fun textural look.  I decided it needed a little something more so I adhered some of those little hearts back into the cut out openings.  Here's a close up:


I have a ton of those little text hearts still left.  I'll show you how I was able to use most of them, plus a new shape that WRMK has in the Silhouette store.  I'll also show you the yummy purples in this awesome collection.

So even though Valentine's Day 2013 is officially over, it's never too late or too early to plan your fun paper crafting projects!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)