Friday, July 12, 2013

An Old-Fashioned BBQ...

Hello, hello!

My, but it's been a long time since I've checked in here, hasn't it?

I've been up to my eyeballs in wonderful family activities the last month and a half.  My son got married at the beginning of June, then we took a trip, just Superman and me, and then we took the family on a two-day fishing trip.  Our daughter-in-law has never been fishing before so it was fun to share one of our favorite things with her.  And the good news is she had a great time!  It didn't hurt that the fish were hungry and angling (har har) to get in the boat. ;p

So needless to say, I haven't been doing much crafting at the Kitchen Table lately.  That is until yesterday.

I had a couple of We R Memory Keepers' assignments that needed to be finished for CHA, so after I completed those, I was still in the crafting mood and made a cute little BBQ invite:


The "Picnic Table" paper and the "Sunday Dress" paper from the Country Livin' collection by We R just made me want to take a big ol' bite of BBQ chicken and potato salad!  I also backed a piece of yellow chevron We R washi tape with white cardstock and added that to my banner grouping.  To top that all off, I used the chipboard letters that go with the Country Livin' collection.  I think it turned out really cute!

Then at the last minute, I decided to add some twine from Stampin' Up!  It kinda reminded me of a gunny sack, which definitely fits in with the old-fashioned picnic theme, right? :)

Makes me really want to have a BBQ soon.....or at least make some of my mother-in-law's fabulous potato salad. Mmmmmm.

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!

P.S. Don't forget to check in over at the We R blog to see what else is cookin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)