Thursday, November 17, 2011

Copy Cat Thursday - handmade flowers

Good morning!




Another copy of a card from Kristina, which you can see right about HERE.  I'm sure it won't be the last either.  In case you're wondering.

I think it's really fun to make my own flowers out of paper.  It's always amazing to see what a couple of scraps of card stock and some sprays of water can make.  The green one looks a little like a head of lettuce, don't ya think?  I think that white one looks like a Gardenia.  It reminds me of a corsage a date gave me one year when we went to a high school dance.  It was gorgeous and smelled heavenly, but by the end of the evening, it had so many brown spots on it, I couldn't even wear it to church the next day. :(

The good thing about paper flowers?  You can touch them all you want and no brown spots!

So, again, not exactly like Kristina's card, but pretty darn close with the things I already had at home.  I think, though, that I need a new white pigment pen.  I've had it for at least 5 years and have hardly used it so I think it was pretty gummed up, thus the feeble-looking stitch lines.  It still has a lot of ink in it, which hasn't dried up.  Anyone have a solution for getting it unclogged?

Anyway, have a great day and...

Thanks for joining me at the Table today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)