Friday, September 30, 2011

Ella Scrapbooking Bootcamp - Grids

Many layouts that I'm drawn to use grids.  Maybe it's the organizer in me but I love the look of a place for everything and everything in its place.

This is a little busy for a grid layout but once I started, I just couldn't stop fiddling with it.  Maybe I overdid it a little.  Maybe.

At first, all I had was the white embossed circle grid with the photo on top and the journaling around the edges.  I reasoned that I didn't want to add too much because the quality of the photo wasn't great and there were lots of colors in the photo.  But I knew it wasn't quite right.

That's when I consulted my personal graphic designer (a.k.a. the husband).  Now just for the record, he didn't tell me I needed to throw up buttons and bling and glitter.  He just said, "it needs color".  I probably should have had him elaborate.  I didn't.  He didn't.

So if I went overboard, it's totally on me.  No reflection of him, okay? LOL.

My daughter does like it, and does like reliving the story.  With more practice, my grid layouts will look and feel more natural.  I have to master this. ;)  Because, again, I love grids.


Well, that's it.  My last project in the Ella Scrapbooking Bootcamp.  My goal was to  complete and post every single drill.  And I did!  Card making is much easier for me than scrapbooking.  But I learned so much and can't wait to re-read and re-watch each drill to become a better designer, element maker, story teller and photo editor.  If you didn't sign up this time, make sure you do the next time it's offered.  Ella rocks!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)