Monday, October 8, 2012

Halloween Home Decor

Hello!

Just thought I'd pop in this morning and show you what I've been up to as far as Halloween decorating goes.  I haven't done a whole lot this year. Just my piano top and my mantel, but I'm super excited with the results!

I have to be honest and say that when I first got my hands on the Black Widow Collection from We R Memory Keepers, I was a little disappointed in the color scheme.  I have gotten quite fond of Halloween collections that include bright green and purple.  This collection has none of that.  BUT....as I started working with it and making things to decorate my home, I fell in love.  I love the fact that it's not cutesy at all.  It has a spooky, creepy elegance that I'm loving.  I love the oranges, blacks and grays in this collection.  And as I looked closer, there are very subtle purples.  So dark and rich I thought it was black at first, and a touch of light olive that enhances everything!

Let me show you my first project:

I took a thrift store frame and spray painted it a glossy black.  Then I simply trimmed down the spider patterned paper (doesn't it look like creepy wallpaper?) to fit inside the frame.  Next I took one of the embossed tags and adhered it in the center with dimensional adhesive.  I had to use a double layer of adhesive because of the thickness of the frame.  Lastly, I added a metal flower from the collection, and a jewel brad from my stash.  I think it's an old Making Memories brad.


Here's a close-up of that flower embellishment.  I love the spooky elegance it adds!


And here it is with our collection of "vintage" Halloween decor.  Stuff Superman grew up with.  Don't tell him I just kinda called him vintage, okay? ;)


Check back tomorrow when I show you my spooky mantel and banner!

Thanks for joining me at the Table today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)