Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy WCMD!

Hello!

It's a beautiful Autumn morning where I live.  Cool, crisp air, bright blue sky and golden sunshine.  A perfect day to celebrate World Card Making Day!

At this time on WCMD, I'm usually I'm on my way to a friend's house to work on my Christmas cards while she and my other friends scrapbook, but I'm on my own today so I thought I'd start this fun day with some Halloween cards.

These cards use the new Black Widow collection from We R Memory Keepers.

On this first one, I ran the gray card stock through my Big Shot using my Stampin' Up! Web embossing folder.  One thing I really like about We R card stock is that it has a white core, so when you sand it, your embossed image really stands out.

Next, I cut a We R spider image with my Silhouette.  Did I ever say I loved my Silhouette?  Well I do.  With a puffy heart.  I hope We R will be able to put more shapes in the Silhouette store soon!


Here's a close-up of that spider.  I added SU! pearls to the eyes and then covered the whole thing with Crystal Effects.  All that's left to do is add a sentiment from the embossed sticker sheet.  Done!


With this next one, I used the negative piece and simply placed it over that great striped patterned paper.  Then I added a chipboard sticker and tied some baker's twine on top of that.  Simple but cute!


This card was the most simple of all.  I LOVE this piece of patterned paper so I trimmed it along the edge and adhered it to a Crumb Cake card base.  Then, because I didn't want the sentiment to detract from the awesome spooky scene, I just trimmed a block from one of the 6x6 sheets and adhered it with dimensionals.  It blended into the background a little too much so I covered it with Crystal Effects.  Did you know that Crystal Effects intensifies the color of whatever you use it on?  I love this card.  It might just make it's way to my sister and her boys.


 Here's a close-up of the sentiment block.



Well, that's it for now.  I'm going to be making all kinds of cards today while I listen to General Conference so you may see a few more pop up here on my little blog today.

Next week, I'll be showing you some spooky home decor using the Black Widow collection so be sure to come back then as well!

Enjoy World Card Making Day today and thanks for joining me at the Table!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks so much for leaving me one! :)